I’ve been working on developing some recipes of my own, but while I’ve been working on my top-secret experiment, here are some of the meals that have been cooking in my kitchen.
From one of my favorite food blogs, Pioneer Woman:
- This awesome chili recipe; I love the flavor that comes from using masa, or corn flour.
- I’ve also been using my new (and super adorable) ice cream maker, I tried this blackberry ice cream. It was very yummy, but also very rich and had a strong custard flavor.
From Cooking Light:
- Beef Enchilada Casserole, this was a big hit! Very flavorful, and it’s made right in a pie dish. Also the serving size is huge. Rather than using a store-bought taco seasoning mix, I used this combination of spices.
- I also tried out this Spring Risotto, I made a few small changes to the recipe; I used more chicken broth than the recipe called for rather than a combination of chicken broth and water, because I had some chicken broth in the fridge that needed using up, and I also used a splash of white wine as a flavor boost, and by splash I mean about 3/4 c. Also, since I don’t care for asparagus I used green beans as a sub, and that worked just fine. The edamame makes this a very high protein dish, and I am diggin’ that!
- Now that I’m living in pork country, we’re eating pork at least once if not twice a week because it’s the best deal at the meat counter. We’ve tried a few different dishes including this grilled pork loin with a ginger-honey glaze.
- Another pork recipe I really enjoyed were chipotle pork tacos, I loved the lime and chipotle flavor combination.
To satisfy my sweet tooth, I had great success with this brownie recipe from Alton Brown; these brownies had a great chocolate flavor and were very moist.
And on that note, I’m off to go run on the treadmill for the next hour/the rest of my life.